Monday, January 5, 2009

2009 stashbustin report week 1

I love this idea of using from my stash ... I love scrappy quilts as you can tell from my pictures to date. I joined the 2009 Stash Bustin Challenge on Judy's blog. I am excited to see how much I can use from my stash and what I can create with it this year. I also plan on reducing my UFO/BOB list in the process too. See the list to the right. Such a shame to have that many unfinished projects and then have all those ideas still running through my head waiting to get out and get started too.

I know it is late but here is my progress and how I used it up ...
here’s my report ...
Fabric Added this Week: 0 yards

Fabric Added Year to Date: 0 yards
Fabric Used this Week: 1 yard
Fabric Used Year to Date: 1 yard

I made my DD a bag using about 1/2 yd for the entire project. I made Smokey, our kitty, another softy using 1/2 yd black and white flanel (no picture sorry). The neighborhood dogs took off the other one I made. Let's see how long this one stays around. Other than mending several pieces of clothing for DD over the weekend I haven't gotten to sew much. I do plan on tackling a UFO this weekend though. Will report on that later.

My goals for this challenge will be ...

  • to REDUCE my scrap bins in half - I think I have four now
  • to USE UP those 2.5 inch strips I have cut - two oversized shoe boxes located up on the top on that cabinet I posted a photo of before - I believe they are like rabbits and mulitiply quickly!
  • to COMPLETE half of the UFOs/ BOBs I have on hand - I think I have 10-15 that come to mind - nope I found more and I am afraid more are lurking in the cabinets.
  • to NOT buy unless it is absolutely necessary to complete a project
  • to CONTINUE to piece the backings of my quilts to use up those uglies and what was I thinking fabrics
  • to NOT print another pattern from the internet without using at least two that I have already printed. I have binders of patterns that I have not even made yet. Also have a stack of patterns that need to be put into binders. Those were shown in a photo I posted earlier too.
  • to SORT through and organize my stash so I can find what I need - getting there - see my newly cleaned up sewing area photos.
  • to NOT join a swap that requires me to buy fabric
  • to ONLY join swaps that help me complete a UFO/BOB or allows me to use from my stash. {I love to swap and don't want to give that up just yet :o) }
  • to COMPLETE one UFOs/BOBs before starting a new project (kinda like a reward system)

1 comment:

Lori in South Dakota said...

all very good resolutions! Good luck stashbusting.