Saturday, March 26, 2011

Sewing Room Pics

wanted to share a couple of pictures of my freshly painted sewing room, couldn't get the whole room in a shot so here are two pictures. Need to make the window toppers and this room will be completed for now ...
same room different view ....

Saturday, March 19, 2011

National Quilting Day

What a wonderful sewing day I hope to have in honor of National Quilting Day!

Here are my goals that I hope to complete during the course of the day ...
1. Finish RR block challenge blocks ... DONE!! the top row is the one I completed this morning!

2. Finish Star BOM challenge block ... no progress made on this one but today is another day.

3. Finish Scrappy Star blocks for swap ... DONE!!! Finished this late last night after my company left but they were still finished yesterday!

4. Finish Mystery Block of the month ... progress made at least, cut out and made all sections of the block now to keep rearranging them until I find the block I like best. So far, found four different blocks to choose from. I am sure there are more but I'll let you know how many I find before I find the one I want to turn this into.

5. Start on UGRR top piecing ... blocks are finished, need to add sashing and border blocks - no progress ... bummer!

and what is everyone else up to on this quilty day?? please share

until next time ... happy quilting

Sunday, March 13, 2011

so many projects ...

I have been painting in my sewing area and while moving things around in there I have found a multitude of projects, BOBs and UFOs that I have started and never finished. I gathered the most of the larger ones and put them into boxes and tried to labeled them so I can see them. I am hoping that by me seeing this tower of boxes that it might inspire me to start working on them and getting something completed and marked off the list. I am ashamed to show you this tower of boxes and tell you that this is not all of them either.

I am wondering though ... is this a quilters trait or is it just me? I'd love to hear back from you to know if I should seek help with this problem I seem to have.
until next time ... happy quilting

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Working on some projects

Another Purple Star to add to my growing collection. This one is called Friend's Star from Quilter's Cache. I think there may be a couple more but here is the last picture I posted on that collection Purple Stars

On a quilting site that I am a part of we are doing a RR Block challenge, we will be making a set of blocks every two months and by the end of the year we will have enough blocks to make our own RR quilt. This was the first set of rows .. the block is the Next Door Neighbor from Quilter's Cache. Not the best picture but it does show I have them completed.
the second block is the Weathervane Block from Quilter's Cache. As you can see I just started these today but hope to have them done by the end of the week if not sooner. At least I can show some progress ;o)
Other than painting my kitchen and breakfast rooms this is all I have been working on lately. I hope to show my finished painted rooms soon too.
Until next time ... happy quilting!

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Gosh! It's been awhile

Thanks Evelyn for the kick I needed to get back on my blog and update everyone.

I am sorry it has been so long since I have been on my blog and posted anything! Quick update ... This winter we have actually had a winter with lots of SNOW for us here in the south to enjoy.

I have recently become unemployed so I am in the process of job searching. I have been steadily going thru things at the house and organizing things and thinning things out still. That will always be a work in progress for me. I have started painting the kitchen to brighten it up in there. It's going to be a pale yellow. Need to find some sunflower prints for new curtains in there too.

I have not been sewing much until here lately. I have been using solely from my stash but have not been posting to show any usage on Judy's blog.

This one is called Stars Over My Barns, the blocks are from a swap I did. Need to figure out borders and get this one completed soon.

This is what I have been working on for the last couple days. My UGRR blocks now have the sashing and corner squares cut to get those into a top. I have been piecing the border blocks (for swapping and my border) from smaller pieces of my Civil War fabrics. I think I am going to try and piece the backing for this one too and use up the rest of that fabric.