Friday, January 1, 2010

Today's UFO progress

Today I have been bee bopping here there and everywhere on projects and tasks I wanted to do.
I did some organizing in my sewing area. Sorted a basket of scraps.
Made a couple Pineapple blocks and a couple more Crumb blocks. The 9inch Crumb block will be turned into a hotpad. All this was made from the above scrap basket and it is still kind a full but everything has been sorted and pressed, nice and neat again. Tomorrow I will make some more pineapple blocks and might throw in some crumb blocks too.
Cut backing and batting for this table runner I found while sorting the other day. I have it pinned and ready to quilt it tomorrow. This will be a new runner to use on the old Singer Cabinet in my living room.
I have enjoyed this first day of 2010. I hope you had a good day too. I am happy with the progress that I made on my UFO projects and my chores around the house. I need to tackle taking the Christmas tree down tomorrow (bummer ... I love Christmas and when the tree comes down the magic will be gone)
until next time ... happy quilting

2 comments:

country mouse said...

Sorry its been so long since I've visited. Looks like you're making progress. Way to go!! I love your pinapple blocks, that is one of my favorite quilts. I feel the same way about the Christmas tree too. There is always so much build up to Christmas then by the day after its like its all dissapeared. I wish the season would go on just a little longer too. Hope your 2010 is filled with everything you could want and more (((hugs)))

Browndirtcottage said...

Well...you know I am just lovin'
all your little scrappy projects!!