Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Fall is in the air here ...

The weather has really changed the last couple of days. It is downright chilly here. Just the perfect weather for Halloween, scenic drives, bon-fires and so much more. Tonight after the Candy Extravaganza at church, we are going to be craving our pumpkins, the kids are so excited and they picked out candles last night to put in them. Tomorrow will be trunk or treating and Friday will be Halloween. They are going to have a fun filled week and by the weekend we will need some down time that is for sure. Planning on a bon-fire and hotdog/marshmellow roast to end the fun.
This past weekend I got several thing done but not all of my goals were completed. I did get a UFO done but not one from my list. I finish this Fall tablerunner from some applique blocks I made some time back. It's just right to set off my dining room table and get it ready for Fall. It is my first real attempt to machine applique. I have alot to learn that is for sure.




I got to work some on my Jacobs Ladder scrap quilt and have several rows together and the blocks ready to finish the rest of the piecing this weekend.

until next time ....

No comments: