Sunday, March 1, 2009

scraps scraps and more scraps

Tuesday's Update ... Trying 30 minutes of Progress a day ...
I have been making myself do 30 minutes at a time of working thru this mess. I have a good start but not anywhere near done. I have a nice stack of various size strings, a stack of 2.5" strips for log cabin blocks, lots of smaller pieces/ odd shapes pressed and put into a shoe box for crumb blocks and then there are larger pieces of fabric I found while digging and those are pressed and set aside waiting to be cut down to whatever I can use. I didn't want to stop pressing to cut yet. I have made some progress - there is a dent in the pile on the table and I am not giving up. When this is done I will be able to pull a tub or box and sew on whatever scrappy project I want to without having to sort and press. Think of all the time I am saving myself by doing this now.

~~~~~~~~
My only sewing related goal for this week is to press, sort, cut and organize this huge pile of scraps. Think I can do it?

I'd like to cut down these scraps into usable pieces: squares, strips and strings. So that way they are ready to use when I am ready to sew. So many scraps ... so little time to sew ...
until next time ....

1 comment:

Babs said...

WOW! You've been busy! When you're done cutting your scraps, wanna come do mine? LOL! I need to do the same thing with mine sometime soon. They are multiplying and taking over the room!