Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Update on my goals list

gosh - May is almost over and I feel so behind on posting and sewing and my goals. I have been making progress but not at the pace I wanted to but some is better than none right?
to update my goals list .... Some are quilting related some are not so bear with me. If I have completed it - the goal is going to be removed from the list next go around.
1. Finish Mother's 30s Quilt for Mothers day (June Birthday)- this is in the block stage still, swapping out the rest of the blocks this month and hope to have it completed in time for her .. update ... rest of blocks are made and swapped out for this one; now to finalize the layout and work on a border. Plan on working on this during the upcoming weekend. WRONG!! I pulled the blocks and only had NINE made - not enough for her quilt so last weekend I got busy and made a couple more - this coming weekend I plan on getting enough blocks made to make the top then onto the layout.
2. Finish reworking Kimberly's Black and White RR - this is in rows but will be taken apart and reworked
3. Finish String Quilt - have been swapping out blocks this past month and should have enough for a quilt for DS's bed. He hasn't gotten a scrappy quilt yet and has pointed that out to me :o) ... update ... blocks are now here waiting to be used; I think I am going to combine them with the TN blocks to make him a large quilt.
4. Pressure wash front porch and siding on house -- DONE!!!
5. Paint railings on front and back porch
6. Remove old wood from roof of porch and replace ... update ... old wood is removed and take care of; now to borrow a truck to get the new wood to the house and get it installed.
7. Redo flower bed by front stairs .. update ... my tiller is now home so I should - weather permitting - be able to start on these soon. update ... I started doing flower bed work but not the one I had talked about in the post earlier. The yard is looking so much nicer with my progress - need to find time to take some pictures this weekend for the updated post.
8. Clean out DS's closet - DONE!!
9. Clean out my closet
10. Sort and organize my stash for better access ... update ... purchased some storage tubs to try and work on this soon.
11. Sort and organize my patterns so I can find them more easily ... update ... pulled them all and have them stacked waiting to be put into binders with dividers that are here.
12. Thin out my scraps ... update ... I have used some this month but they seem to reproduce with each project I make though. Can't tell I have used any! Might need to have a scrap give away.
13. Cut back on my coffee intake ... update ... I am down to two cups a day. Now to increase my water intake to boost my weight loss. I haven't had a cup in over a month now!!! Now to keep at the water intake instead of Diet Coke. I am going to mark this one as DONE!!! and remove it from the list.
14. Lose a total of 18 pounds ... update ... well ...I am doing this slowly but surely. I am now down EIGHT pounds. TEN more to reach the 10% of my starting weight target. Will see how I look and feel to determine if I want to push myself to lose more.
15. Put pool back up in back yard and get it all level this time around ;o) -- update ... pool is getting filled up as I type!!! this one is going to be marked DONE!!! and removed next update!

I get to update the list as the month rolls along. I hope to have weekly updates with major goals finished by the end of the month. Life does tend to get in the way though so I may not. Life has gotten in the way - I haven't been posting much and haven't been sewing much either. Hope to keep at my goals and work on those UFO/BOBs on my list and get them reduced and reduce my size as well.
until next time ... stick to your goals!

No comments: