Thursday, August 13, 2009

August Goals Update

not much sewing going on this week but I have made some progress on my goals lately. It's mid August already - I had better kick it into gear if I am going to complete at least half of the goals on my list this month. Who else has goals that they'd like to complete this month? How do you stay motivated to do so? I have so many irons in the fire I get over-whelmed at times with everything that needs to be done and that I want to get done.

Here are only the goals with updates ... not too shabby of a progress update
2. Finish reworking Kimberly's Black and White RR - decided to not take them apart but do some fabulous border to tie them all together instead. -- I have put the rows together in pairs so far. Now to get the whole center pieced and start on those wonderful borders. Anyone got any reds, black and white or burgandies they want to swap out please let me know. I need a nice combination of fabrics to make these borders pop!
5. Continue to sort and organize my stash for better access - I am making some nice progress here. Slowly but surely I am getting there - will take some updated pictures soon. Still have lots to do though. -- I got a nice storage unit from my sister and worked on that stash stuffed under the bar. It looks much nicer. I will have to take a picture and show ya soon. I am giving away some flannel pieces I found while cleaning that area to a quilty friend who does Linus quilts. I am trading off some other fabrics that I found and know I will never use that someone else might. Gonna keep on sorting and organizing. I am finding fabric I didn't know I had. lol
6. Continue to sort and organize my patterns so I can find them more easily - I have started putting these into four binders and will keep at it as I find the time to do so. Gonna thin as I go. -- I have been working on this on and off - almost done with this one - hope to complete it over the weekend while watching a good movie!
9. Work on decluttering my house more - do small tasks as I can. If I don't love it, need it, use it or can wear it - it needs to go. This will be a never ending goal of mine. lol -- We had a yard sale last weekend and got rid of a ton of DDs clothes and lots of other stuff too. Nothing like decluttering and making some money doing so ;o)

until next time ... happy quilting and take steps and work on those goals

No comments: