Monday, December 22, 2008

last quilt for Christmas gift

Here is the last of the quilts I need to complete for Christmas gifts for my brothers and sisters. I need to enlarge it a bit - it is now just 44 inches square. I plan on adding to it to make it larger but have no clue how to do so. I am putting out a plea for input please.
Other news ... I feel so much better today. I am almost 100% and am so glad. My boss called and I don't have to work today so I plan on doing some extra cleaning today, to find a new stove (I know good time for it to go out -huh?) and sewing on this quilt. Tonight if I have my new stove we will bake some Christmas cookies and watching Christmas movies. The kids are still sleeping so I have gotten several things done already this morning. I like having this extra day off to catch up.
Update ... I got my new STOVE - I have been baking up a storm too ... one batch of sugar cookies are cooling waiting to be decorated, one batch of Hello Dollies are cooling, and one Chocolate birthday cake is in the frig waiting for little man's birthday tomorrow and he has no idea I made it. We finished up the the kids' dirty santa shopping. Got to get those wrapped up and under the tree. I didn't sew on the quilt above but I did get the binding done on the BowTie quilt I got in the mail today from Tirane! WOOHOO!!! I love it. Now to calm it down and watch some TV or a movie with the kiddos while we wait on our company to arrive.
{Thanks Babs for the input. Tirane also sent me ideas. I just haven't had the time to work on it and she is coming in tonight so I had to put it away so it will still be a surprise. I'll pull it out again after she leaves Christmas Eve.}
until next time ...

1 comment:

Babs said...

hhmmm, tirane is much better at this than I am, but here's what I would do...

I would do a skinny border of brown. (Is that the background color of the floral?). Then if you've got more of the floral, I would make a border of HST's all the way around. Then I'd make a border of the red.

Does that make sense? If you don't have more of the floral, do you have some fabrics that match the colors in the floral? Use those...

Hope I've helped!I know it will turn out great and they will love it.