Sunday, January 11, 2009

Stashbustin Report Week 2

I joined the 2009 Stash Bustin Challenge on Judy's blog. We are already on week 2. Time is just flying by. I am happy to be using from my stash and working on a UFO this week.
I am taking my figures from the quilt site
Quilting On A Budget - they posted this great chart on how many in what size fabric and such. This weekend I have made and used 156 -- 4.5 inch squares to my the HSTs for the UFO I am working on. If I figured that right I have used about 2.5 yards of fabrics - give or take a bit - I am still sewing and might have more to add to my numbers later on tonight. So check back

here is my progress and how I used it up ...
here’s my report ...
Fabric Added this Week: 0 yards
Fabric Added Year to Date: 0 yards
Fabric Used this Week: 2.5 yard
Fabric gifted this week: 3 yards
Fabric Used Year to Date: 6.5 yard

{I know my numbers are not as impressive as
Judy and the rest of ya'll but I am happy with using from my stash and not adding to it and enjoying the fabric I have.}

I want to start keeping up with the number of spools of thread I have, buy and use this year too.
I have 32 spools of various sizes and colors on hand. Since I make scrappy quilts alot I can and do use whatever color I have as long it it won't show through.

Spools added this week: 0 spools
Spools used this week: 0 spools.

until next time ....

2 comments:

tirane93 said...

hey scrappy - come count my spools of thread. it should only take you about a week!

Lori in South Dakota said...

it's not the numbers, it how you feel about your progress!! And I love to read all the things people post on their blogs.