Sunday, January 18, 2009

Stash Busting Report Week 3

I have been bitten by the use it up bug and I have decided to try and use from my stash as much as possible this year. I joined a challenge on Judy's blog and so far so good for 2009. We post our usage weekly to keep motived.
Here's my weekly report for the
2009 Stash Bustin Challenge I joined on Judy's blog. We are currently on week 3. Go see the other member's linkies and see how well they are doing.

I have used only from my stash this week so that is good, I stay on track. I am still sewing on my project I posted a picture of it yesterday and might have more reduction to add to my numbers later on tonight, want to complete that border. So check back.

here is my progress and how I used it up ...

Fabric Added this Week: 0 yards
Fabric Added Year to Date: 0 yards
Fabric Used this Week: 1.5 yards
Fabric gifted this week: 0 yards
Fabric Used Year to Date: 8 yards

I decided to start keeping up with the number of spools of thread I have, buy and use this year too. I had 32 spools of various sizes and colors on hand on last count but found two more lurking in a box of fabric. I used up two spools and I'm working from the third one now.
Spools added this week: 2 spools
Spools used this week: 2 spools
until next time ....

3 comments:

Lori in South Dakota said...

a finish is on it's way!!

Sherry said...

I don't count my spools, but I find it fun to toss them into a "spool bag" once they are empty so that I can see how many I had gone through.

Scrappy-Quilter said...

thought I was going to finish this one in January but I guess I was wrong. I got close though.
I don't keep the empty spools but I know my Grandmother used them in various crafts when she was with us.