Thursday, April 23, 2009

Goals Revisited

time to revisit my goals list from April 1st post and see how I am doing with them. I haven't gotten to really focus on them all but I am making progress. It is nice to see how much I have gotten done so far this month. Now to focus and get some more done this weekend. The kiddos will be with their dad so I have more time to get stuff done. Updates in GREEN!

Quote from April 1st ... I have lots of little goals/projects that I need to start getting done before the hot-humid summer weather hits here. Some are quilting related some are not so bear with me.
1. Finish Mother's 30s Quilt for Mothers day - this is in the block stage still, swapping out the rest of the blocks this month and hope to have it completed in time for her .. update ... rest of blocks are made and swapped out for this one; now to finalize the layout and work on a border.
2. Finish reworking Kimberly's Black and White RR - this is in rows but will be taken apart and reworked
3. Finish String Quilt - have been swapping out blocks this past month and should have enough for a quilt for DS's bed. He hasn't gotten a scrappy quilt yet and has pointed that out to me :o) ... update ... blocks are now here waiting to be used; I think I am going to combine them with the TN blocks to make him a large quilt.
4. Pressure wash front porch and siding on house
5. Paint railings on front and back porch
6. Remove old wood from roof of porch and replace ... update ... old wood is removed and take care of; now to borrow a truck to get the new wood to the house and get it installed.
7. Redo flower bed by front stairs .. update ... waiting on my tiller to come home this weekend before I can start on these.
8. Clean out DS's closet
9. Clean out my closet
10. Sort and organize my stash for better access ... update ... purchased some storage tubs to try and work on this soon.
11. Sort and organize my patterns so I can find them more easily ... update ... pulled them all and have them stacked waiting to be put into binders with dividers that are here.
12. Thin out my scraps ... update ... I have used some this month but they seem to reproduce with each project I make though. Can't tell I have used any! Might need to have a scrap give away.
13. Cut back on my coffee intake ... update ... I am down to two cups a day. Now to increase my water intake to boost my weight loss.
14. Lose 15 more pounds ... update ... well ... I did lose two pounds but now I have gained that back plus a few more. UGH! I hate how much I weigh and nothing in my closet fits me right anymore. Warmer weather means short sleeves too which means my fat arms are going to be showing. Got to work harder on this - this is for my health and energy level too. It's time to stop slacking and start working!
15. Put pool back up in back yard and get it all level this time around ;o)

1 comment:

Brenda said...

I love your goals list. I am working on #14 myself and I think it's more to do with spring not coming like it should, than us. I know I am an emotional eater, and I also eat for the weather - if it's cold out there, I want warm, comfy foods and being chilly does not make me want to go outside..... Now, saying that - tomorrow is a new day, and and a new start. I am starting over - and I am sticking to my plan. I am tired of pulling out my spring/summer clothes and going 'oh' knowing that will either not fit or be way tighter than I would like.
So, I am supporting you in this adventure. Everyday, just take a step forward and soon it will be such a habit you (we)won't even think about it anymore!!
On goal #12 - have you gone to www.byannie.com ?? I found this site and she is all about organizing!! I have bought a couple of her patterns, "Hanging Organizer Pattern" and "Pattern Organizer". The first is for tools and the like and the second is for patterns that you have bought. These hang on the wall or behind the door (which is where I am going to hang the pattern!) and it makes them easy to see and find.
Thanks for sharing your goals. It helps me to figure out mine!! And lets bust some weight and get it out the door this week!!!