Wednesday, April 1, 2009

time to refocus on life

Sorry for the lack of postings ... I have been a bit lost in la-la land here. Life has been getting the best of me and I have decided that it's time to fight back a bit more.
I have not even posted my stash busting report for this past week. I have not sewn on much of anything to count over the weekend. Tried sewing on some 30s blocks for a swap and got two sections paper pieced and that is all I had in me. Sad I know but sometimes you just have those kinda days and don't get anything much done.
I need to focus on my goals I set for myself this year and really work on them with earnest. The weather is changing around us and I hope that with the warmer weather and all the pretty green grass that is coming to life and the beautiful flowers are are filling my beds that will re-awaken my inner voice to kick myself into gear and life too.

I have lots of little goals/projects that I need to start getting done before the hot-humid summer weather hits here. Some are quilting related some are not so bear with me.
1. Finish Mother's 30s Quilt for Mothers day - this is in the block stage still, swapping out the rest of the blocks this month and hope to have it completed in time for her
2. Finish reworking Kimberly's Black and White RR - this is in rows but will be taken apart and reworked
3. Finish String Quilt - have been swapping out blocks this past month and should have enough for a quilt for DS's bed. He hasn't gotten a scrappy quilt yet and has pointed that out to me :o)
4. Pressure wash front porch and siding on house
5. Paint railings on front and back porch
6. Remove old wood from roof of porch and replace
7. Redo flower bed by front stairs
8. Clean out DS's closet
9. Clean out my closet
10. Sort and organize my stash for better access.
11. Sort and organize my patterns so I can find them more easily
12. Thin out my scraps
13. Cut back on my coffee intake
14. Lose 15 more pounds
15. Put pool back up in back yard and get it all level this time around ;o)

That's enough for now - see a good mix of quilting and non-quilting things that should be done by summer. These are all do-able. Small projects but things I need and want to get done to make my house look nicer and then to finish some UFOs too.
so .... until next time ... happy quilting

1 comment:

Scrappy quilter said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Your list looks something like mine. I haven't done much quilting for the past few days because I've been painting and trying to get organized. have a super day.